Green Day

I learned about some things today:
1. I’m not good in using my time to do many activities in a day.
My excuse is because I have option not to do, so nothing forces me to do this and that. All are relied on my time management skill. Examples? I have work from Museum to do, I plan to make necklace, I like to cleaning house, I want to go downtown, I need to check Pallava, I have many books to read,… I end up doing one thing all day. These two days I’m engaged in the Museum homework that I just finished. I’m thinking why can’t I divide my time in a day so I can do a bit of every activity?
2. Some great inventions have great weakness.
I only realized today after three months in-out of house that the jalousie on bathroom and kitchen doors are awfully dusty. I could not believe I had missed that. Obviously, I’d taken the house for granted. So I spent quite lengthy time to work on each slat to clean. I thought what an invention? Jalousie allows light and air flow but at the same time it is also the biggest dust trap. Who invents this system?
I’m satisfied with my work though. It adds to my exercise for today. I worked out my arm muscles.
3. Cough refrains me from many “good” foods.
Cough is not in my habit list so like these days I have to learn about and listen more to my body needs. I realized that I don’t have long list of soothing food actually. Even cartoon juice is stuck in throat. Cheese? Yes, the good salty one. As Indonesian, so hard to be away from fried food. So nothing left for me to eat especially in remote house like Ubud House. I have to make a trip downtown to get proper food.
4. I love green.
As I spent hours sitting in my desk, my only view is dense vegetation in neighbor’s land. I am lucky but then I know that I really love green for the color and sound. Yes, it sounds very soothing. Meanwhile, a friend is lucky to have a chance to lying on grass by Yarra river and looking upward at trees.
5. I have to crawl avoiding men’s stare in my own territory.
The land behind Ubud House is under construction since a few weeks ago. Since then I cannot pass my huge glass windows freely as they can see me in my shorts. I had stopped opening the window too, as I need the glass to reflect to protect my image from being seen. I don’t want to attract attention. But today I found out, in some angles, they can still see me. I could see their eyes watching. That’s when I need to crawl in my own territory. Ugh.
One more, why are people interested in other people’s life?
6. It’s better to keep door-key off the hole.
I never really thought about it but today I found out I need to do so. I asked Ngurah to just enter house to pick up laundry because going downstairs bothers me but he could not enter. For emergency, same system can be useful. But, crime can also benefit from the system. So?
7. Ubud House's dog proves to be useful.
She made noise when Ngurah and food deliveryman came. I didn’t notice until I really saw her barking near them. Hm.. Now you care for me too, dear dog. I like to touch her nose in the morning.
8. My bed gets perfect sunlight in the morning and before sunset.
I enjoyed doing yoga by my bed this morning for the first time. I saw the sunlight was shining brightly and long. So I made use of it. And now I see the sun shines from the opposite direction: different color, different intensity, same nice. Perfect. I love sun as well.
The list can grow long if I don’t stop now. I stay home today.
Photo of green I saw from my desk this morning.