My Way Forward

11:00 flight is not good for me. Odd time. I missed lunch because I flew budget airline that only serves a glass of water. It saved me though. I was coughing so badly because the cabin ran dry after a while and I was not prepared. I was so embarrassed. My tears ran down.
I remembered the last time I cough like this was in 2001. I was in Beijing when 9/11 happened. I caught flu when left Jakarta and after the flu I cough. It was funny I was ‘attacked’ when we visited a Chinese hospital as part of the tour. The medicine man (or was he a doctor?) gave me a powerful tablet that stopped my cough immediately. I’m still thinking about that tablet. How could I get that? I don’t even know the name, all in Chinese character :-)
So I met my post-grad girl friend in airport this morning. We were in the same flight. I spent time with her and her colleagues waiting for our 30-minute delayed flight. She works in an Indonesian ‘international’ high school and they are going to have a conference in Bali. We didn’t see each other seven years but still she recognized me, so did I to her. She has three boys now. She wondered how I could ‘neglect’ my diploma. I told her that at least I have options now. What can I say?
The first half an hour in Ubud House is always the most exciting time for me. I’m excited to see the house and explore to be in touch with all rooms again. Unrolled kilim, wiped studio desk, then tried the wireless connection. It took a while before I knew the trick with my new laptop. I’m glad because it seems this laptop has much better receiving. Nice!
Uh I’m so glad to be back home although I missed the Heritage big event, the annual welcome meeting, this morning. Some activities have less importance now. And funny that the art group still counts me as “the last man standing” in Jakarta and offered me to be the leader. I could agree only when I can do in tandem with two other on-off girls, Nienke and Peng. We can cover each other during the year. And I will miss more lunches next week. Peng sounded so desperate when she tried to arrange another lunch for the art group next week. Well Peng, we all have new rhythm now :-)
Now I look forward to moving forward in Ubud. I hope new things come on my way this visit. I don’t have plan.
Photo of shrubs in labyrinth garden in Ubud Botanic Garden taken in May.