V a c a n t

I slept early last night. Surprisingly early that a friend gave me idea to meditate instead of sleeping. It was 22:30. Well, I just turned off last night. Physically awake, but emotionally had slept. I wasn’t even able to read. The day had just squeezed me to dry. I had no idea.
It was a nice sleep though. It's so cold in the morning that I used my bedcover for extra blanket but didn’t help still. Actually kid’s crying had awoken me. I noticed since the past few days the builder crews who is building a spa behind my house are from Java and they have wives coming, and kids. I don’t know how many are they, but I heard at least two women and two kids. I care about where the kids sleeping, it’s really cold in the morning. And there’s one guy who sneezed a lot, every morning. Their life becomes part of my life now. I was in shower when I heard Javanese traditional song in Bali for the first time. Wow… different atmosphere in different setting! I’m lost.
My trip to Jakarta was calm and on time. I arrived in the right time, my booking still in the system, no delay. It’s just nice and sound. And a staff in the lounge had impressed me. He greeted everybody in the lounge asking what flight and what (s)he wants to drink/nibble. He also came to me asking his standard questions. I was writing an email but didn’t want to let him down so I asked for tea (that he introduced me a new way to turn a not-nice teabag into a drinkable tea – add very sour lemon). And he came again to remind me time to board. Been on-off the lounge often, I never saw him before. I like the way he does business. I remember Robin Sharma, in his The Greatness Guide, about the staff who are the CEO of her/his functional area. Here I quote:
"Take personal responsibility for the success of your business. Show up like an entrepreneur: Grow sales. Cut costs. Get good stuff done. You will shine in your career. And the CEO will love you."
So this gentleman staff in the lounge has inspired me to always do the best in serving.
This evening I have an idea to revamp my daily writing for this blog which I don’t know yet the form would be.
Photo of a sign in my neighbor villa.