Aimless Wandering

I’m still burned by Mama’s living memoir idea that I haven’t made a.. significant progress. I have started to list what I need to incorporate in the book but still very rough. I went through three memoirs I have and still I like Ayu’s Papa memoir. It’s a booklet nicely done by the kids. Amir’s Mami living memoir is also nice but the stories are written by persons who know her.
I found Ayu’s version more ‘challenging’ and has more ‘intimate’ touch. So I asked Ayu through email the other day about her experience in writing the memoir. How she recollected her memory about her Papa, how long she needed to compose the story, how others contributed to the story,..
Her reply was surprisingly elaborative and.. long. I could not thank her enough for sharing so much with me. She told me how she came with the idea to make the booklet. Her Mama wanted to share a nice little token as her gratitude to relatives and friends who had spent time with the family during the grief. Her Mama got the inspiration to share something with loved ones from my Mama’s 70th birthday memento.
I remember Aga, my cousin, who likes to remind me again and again how I prepared memento for Mama-Papa 25th wedding anniversary in 1986. Yea. I painted lots of smooth river stone with wall paint and drew a small insect (butterflies and bee) with colored pens on its smooth surface. It was paper weight. I have taken my idea for granted but am so glad to know that one always remembers that.
Inspiration. I like to tell people how they have inspired me in many ways – big and small. And I also like to know that I have inspired others through my simple ideas. I always feel like a less motivated person or a person with great ideas but needs a hard kick to materialize. I need to stop my aimless wandering, therefore, let's keep inspiring each other :-)
Photo of many elements that have inspired me.