Creative Pool

When we renew our membership at the H, we are asked if interested in volunteering in any of H activities. Typical me, I never filled out the form. Not that I don’t like to help but I’m not able to commit. Today I found my name in H’s Creative Pool. Pool of many interests that are useful to the organization: writing, attending library, publishing, proof reading, drawing, doing administration, translating,…
I might be included in the list after helping some Museum Nasional book projects. H will publish some new booklets on Jakarta and Indonesia, also revise some past publications. It’s going to be an interesting project I can help from home. I plan to stop joining art study group next year and involve more in Museum activities, or join other study group. Sad to realize that art study group I’ve been member five years is dying. The ‘core’ members have started to shrink in number. Of about 15 active members, we only have 4 now, and it’s hard to run an active group with only 4 active and some 6 less active participants. No spirit, no energy. It’s time to move on.. Bali trip in May would be my farewell trip.
I’m a bit idle today. I enjoyed my bed longer and planned nothing for the day. Tin and PEN didn’t update me their program until later. I’m not interested in joining another shopping trip to a wholesale market because I might go for same shopping with them tomorrow. Shopping becomes less interesting because I don’t shop. Why I don’t shop? I hardly need anything more.
I finished archiving my 2006 blog-posts and was too lazy to continue to the first two months of 2007. I watched Super Size Me SIM lent me and was overwhelmed by the reality how junk foods could really put people in weight trouble. Now I’m glad that I don’t have such appetite to eat.
Now what? I don’t feel like going out…
Photo of an artwork at SAM’s exhibition in June 2006.