Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hot Spots

It turned out.. me who hit the 1000th in ubudblu this morning. First for the day!

I slept early last night with hope to get up early today. I awoke when it’s still dark. My subconscious told me to stay in bed grr.. I got up the usual 6:30 then.

I moved my office to balcony -- my hot spot. I need different atmosphere. It’s nice to have movable office. Even I can move the printer. Now I can work and read while observing street life. Scavengers at work. Neighbor washing cars. Early donation beg-ger. Nice!

Checking email is always fun. When I know my inbox is in bold, I have the exact feeling described in today’s Jakarta Post about getting SMS / text: I feel so important, so wanted – someone remembers me! That’s very true!

This morning I got three junk emails that I happily redistributed with the same spirit. Give everyone happy feeling! I don’t always have time and mood to send them email but sharing nice jokes that takes up three minutes of my life is.. nothing. 9:39

I decided to buy some books at the bookshop I went last week. The price is.. too good to be true. USD 6 for most new fictions and literatures. Buy what’s available now and find time to finish later he he.. Some bookshops in Jakarta are collapsed. I missed one fire sale of a big bookshop. I just read the report in Jakarta Post. A friend told me that she paid USD100 for 30 books!

I thoroughly browsed the shelves. One by one. I got one. I got two. LIN texted. Can I watch live volleyball-game on TV at 15:00? I checked the time. An hour from now. Hm.. My staffs know very well how to knock on my authority door. I want them to feel comfortable by practicing democracy. But sometimes they challenged my hot spots (our Pavlovian responses to feel frustrated and agitated with people – Carlson’s term) or simple term -- boiling point.

The other day, PLV staff asked me about my policy on how long is the holiday for two coming Balinese celebrations. I checked a friend in Ubud and he said that two days is enough for the first and one day for the second. Staff texted me back. Why don’t you give me three days? I didn’t reply.

So I rushed to pay the three books (I decided the third on my way to cashier) and go upstairs to have quick lunch. My all time favorite resto owned by a Chinese gastronome. It underwent renovation last year and I hadn’t seen the new look. I gasped when I entered the resto. I feel this is the best retro living-room in town. Wooden art-deco furniture and knick-knack (very consistent). I love the smell of the wood. So fresh. Only one. People are still allowed to smoke, while many public areas in Jakarta have applied the new government decree of smoke-free space.

I ordered what I had in mind since entered the bookshop. Eggplant flaky pizza. Pizza took long. I was happy reading while kept checking the time. I finished half in hurry, packed the rest, then speed driving to FRA. Okay LIN, take your time and cellphone. Off she went to neighbor who owns TV. My.. 15:45