Monday, July 9, 2007

Mbo’ Jegeg


I slept very well. What a morning! I stayed in bed a bit longer to enjoy my last day of holiday. I sent text message to Mbok Wayan to come a bit later. I wanted to finish my writing and enjoy longer morning. She came in time I needed to relax. It’s really nice to get massage when body is ready to get one. I dozed off.

I showered a bit after noon. I don’t remember how I spent my morning after massage. I online chatted with Pien while doing something. Actually I could not decide how I should spend my day. I need to go to Pallava but my mind kept thinking about a low table I saw in Tegallalang the other day. Ana was out so I asked Ngurah to take me on motorbike. Now I almost have motorbike kit: a windbreaker with cape, but forgot to take sunglasses to beat the wind.

Another nice potential supplier I met. The lady selling the table is super nice. She called me Mbak Cantik. It’s nice to have such name but.. it’s also a burden. One time in Pasar Ubud an aged woman told me that I should not bargain because I’m beautiful. What a way to put it..

I’m happy with my discovery. Ibu Agung not only sells nice table or tray but she also sells other creative things in very low price. I’m amazed how Balinese labor can be so cheap. I placed order for both shops. I took the heavy table with me in motorbike because I could not wait any longer to have it in the house. I had pictured the place :-)

I made another stop on the way, a nice batik shop which turned out to be my long time supplier's shop. I didn’t know he has a shop in that location. I could not resist. I picked a stack of batik to sell in Frangipani and to decorate Pallava. I also noticed his new artwork, a modern style of Tuban batik. I like this supplier because he creates, not the craftsmen in kampong, that makes his batik different in design and especially in color, and arty. We were discussing to collaborate a design, ultra modern one. I have designs in mind and happy to know that it’s time to get out now, to materialize…

I felt I had done using my day. I sat in Tutmak looking out a soccer field. What a nice high tea time… I had nice sandwich and lassi for late lunch and very early dinner, together in one meal time. I updated self with today’s newspaper. I’m sad Ankor Wat is not included in the new “seven wonders of the world”. What a nice poll though, based on people’s choice.

I walked far today, I just wanted to spend beautiful sunny afternoon outside. I made coffee stop once at Nomad. I just loved the atmosphere. And got facial treatment before home was super, my body is treated well in Ubud. Work and leisure are in balance. Mbok Jegeg is in balance.

Photo of a part of penjor (street decoration) as a part of Kuningan celebration.