Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lady Butler


I’m a bit lost about days of this week. I thought it was Tuesday on Monday and was Tuesday on Wednesday today. I didn’t relate any day on Tuesday yesterday. Days are gone quickly and I had been late in making decision of where to go first: Ubud or Malang. Some of my friends showed their disagreement when I mentioned Ubud first. Of course Mama has to be the first but I also need to ‘recover’ from my frequent traveling the past three weeks. Anyway, it’s over now. I feel better physically and… emotionally. I’m ready to see Mama tomorrow.

I felt funny realizing that I didn’t plan anything for the day but then I thought… why should I? Can’t I just stay home and do nothing? I was thinking to ask Pien to lunch but then.. No no.. I miss her terribly but I cannot plan a lunch for the sake of to do something. I have a chance to be idle so take it!

I online chatted with Sis Dina early in the morning. I didn’t get up as early as yesterday but still had time to catch her in office. In one of our hot turn-takings we had, she mentioned my ever profession.. lady butler. I like the term :-) It's true that I like managing a household so I plan to ‘continue’ my profession in Ubud. I’m processing a new idea the past few days to start calculating building a small villa to rent in Ubud. I’m so excited about the idea.

So, I spent almost all day being a lady butler: tidying laundry, sorting out mess in bedroom, shredding credit-card slips, selecting clothes according to destination,… It took almost all daylight. I’m tired but happy with the result. Decluttering always gives good energy for me.

And I got more good energy shared by two girl friends in love, Mbo and Pien. I online chatted with both in the afternoon and shared the bubble feeling of falling in love. It’s warm to read a beautiful poem written by someone in love. Ugh! I’m happy for both. I consider them lucky to have the feeling. It’s so rare and precious.


Now I look forward to seeing Mama :-)

Photo of Café Bunga in Tenganan Village, Bali.