S I e s T a

I awoke very early, around 4:00. It was still dark of course but I knew I could not get back to sleep. I decided to get up and go online. I saw ‘nobody’ in the virtual world and no email to respond. Hm. Reading must be nice so I read all morning till dawn. I hadn’t had time to stretch, if not yoga, because suddenly I had many things to do. Talking with my dear childhood friends – Ayu – through phone, driving Mama to her other house, packing my purchase (only managed to pack half of all), sending emails,… And before I realized, Tetet was here to pick me up to a mini get together with friends since we were 5 years old. She came half an hour earlier, I was not ready then.
I ate a lot yesterday. I really have to be careful with my ‘size’. Like I said, anything looks good here. Unfortunately, it’s actually good! Even simple tamarind candy tastes super that I could hardly stop before I finished a jar that made my throat felt choked. And kripik tempe (chips) uuugh… even one which tastes not-so-good according to Mama, I could not stop. In Malang, I challenge my throat with sweet and oily food. Good I bring my ‘measurement’ top with me and was glad that I could still wear comfortably this noon ha ha…
It was fun to meet Ayu, Danita, Sigit, and Tetet of course. We chose the same old place, Tugu restaurant. We, or I, could not think of other place to meet in Malang. Classic, not-so-bad food, nice atmosphere, nice crowd,.. I don’t remember the last time we met, 3-4 years perhaps. Usually we only met during Eid holiday where many friends are pulang kampung.
What a nice hilarious chat we had! All, but Ayu and I, have two kids. They talked about how they shared time between kids and their world. It’s interesting as Ayu and I don’t have such experience. And more hilarious discussion about ‘fun siesta’ Jakartan like to do according to a taxi driver's story retold by Ayu. We all know such entertainment people like to have during office hours, thing that we hardly understand. We concluded that we already have too nice life that we don’t need such challenge to have fun, to be off routine.
We had a good meal of course. Everyone had different dish. Ayu started, she said – in Malang – she always feels sleepy after lunch that she could not help to sleeping right away. It’s true, Malang is cool yet hot in the afternoon. Yawning is contagious. I started to yawn. We all agreed to go home and think about having siesta, except Danita who had to be with the kids. It was a fun idea.
Getting home, I felt really sleepy. I tried to read magazine but kept falling ha ha. I gave in. I dozed off for half an hour but my mind was widely open. I could still follow what’s happening in the real world. I might have to live in Malang to be able to enjoy the real siesta :-)
Photo of us today.