Monday, July 23, 2007

Zest for Living


Sunday, July 22

I’m still juggling my health balance. It seems that I have to pay more attention on my blood pressure that drops the past few days. I could feel it, dizzy like vertigo sometimes. I’m not yet 100% especially after yoga and weight lifting. I did well although hadn’t recovered still.

I have stayed away from email for days now. It’s seldom a problem for me to replying emails but not these days. I don’t feel like writing although I always like connecting with friends. And funny, I didn’t even want to open my mailbox. I could feel the burden of not replying. I better wait till I’m really ready.

I had nice morning in balcony reading Coelho’s last book The Witch of Portobello. I only read a few pages as I was interested in doing something else but still I got something to learn from the book. Coelho’s is good in tapping our shoulders to remind us. I learned about the importance of expressing feelings that can actually save a relationship. Now I believe more in “just say it” and have told myself to stop practicing “to suffer in silence” – my ever style. I just started the book, I hope I can find more to learn in the story.

It was still early when I called Rad to catch up with each other. It was hilarious as usual. Having learned what I do recently, she was happy for me. She said she could see now that I have found the zest for living. I thanked her for seeing that and telling me of course. It helps me to seeing my own life and feeling grateful for the road I choose.

We made a date to have coffee in the afternoon after I got my hair colored. It was like the old days when we spent a day in weekend with eating at least two meal times and having an activity together like watching movie. So we did the ritual again. We had short coffee then ran to catch whatever movie played in the theatre nearby.

We considered The Painted Veil and The Hoax, and decided on the latter. It was fun as Vic could join after having a meeting somewhere close. I’m not a keen movie-goer but I like to do it for social and usually I enjoy so much in the end. It’s like a quick way of ‘reading a book’.

It’s a nice movie about a writer who is trapped in a hoax he creates. He is so much into his fabrication to make people believe what he does is true. As he has started, he has to continue lying to keep him in safe side. And later, he mixes up what's real and what's his imagination. The positive thing about it is he becomes creative and has confident to believe in what he does. And actually, he succeeds in making the book regardless the fact that many people doubt the truth he writes. At least he succeeds in writing his name in history. It’s a remarkable achievement on its own, my opinion. Since it is based on actual events, I checked with Wikipedia when I got home and was still amazed with ‘his creation’. A good and creative person can also be good in lying ;-)

It confirms me that life is beautiful when we don’t have anything to hide. Soo beautiful. I realize more and more everyday that my life is beautiful. I don’t have anything to hide.

Photo of a good life of a cat, Chiko.