Thursday, February 22, 2007

Walking Different Direction


Insects seem to like me today. I got up with mild swollen ear and two red dots in arm. Later, the other ear is swollen too and dots are all over legs now. Yes, in Bali I like to wear skirt but then I have to bear the consequence. I have insect bites cream but it doesn’t seem to work quickly to relief the itch.

Today I learned more about persons who pass many drastic changes in life. I narrow it down: change of place to live and change job. I always admire people who are able to move ‘regularly’ in their life. I’m not talking about unsettled people who could not stay in a stage of life longer but about people who dare to change place to live and of course take different way to fill their life.

I think about my life. I’ve only made one drastic move in my life.. so far. I made a quick decision to leave my hometown, Malang, in 1990. The advantage of deciding in early age is.. I did it without long consideration. I had the idea, laid out the plan (quickly), and BOOM! went. I know that Mama and Papa would never have liked the idea if I had asked. I have right decision though. I gave myself opportunity to change and I’m happy now that I have done.

Some people I met change life in their 40s, 50s, or even close to 60s. Some believe that being 40 is nothing because it's still long way to go. Life hasn’t even begun. Being 50? Life has just opened up to opportunity to be luckier and wealthier. Any stage of life is good then because all are special. It's special because it offers window of opportunity to change any time. The question is.. do you have enough courage to do especially later in your life?

I realized this afternoon that I feel very well in Ubud. I feel healthier and worry free. I forgot that flood and bad traffic exist in other part of my life. Even I felt remote when replying to emails about Jakarta busy life.

I would take to my sleep tonight a dream of having enough courage to alter life a bit so I know that I could also be a flexible person like persons who have shared their life story with me. I have started though this evening :-)

Where are you going?

Photo of ducks in Peliatan walking different directions.