Calm like Buddha

It comes now, water soaks Jakarta. I was still in bed when texts and calls went through. FRA has ankle high water, RAD’s house has waist high so my staff AD’s, later RIT told me that her driver is also facing same problem,… Then my staff YU just came to borrow two plastic boxes for her clothes. She has waist high water at home. She sounded nervous and I thought about myself when reminded her to be calm. Look who’s talking again..
Hm.. I just called MNE. She has shoulder high water in her housing that husband had to take boat to get out. Initially she invited us to a luncheon at her house for my birthday and KAT’s farewell today. I feel sorry for her as she has food for an army – she said. She cooked herself since yesterday but there’s nothing we can do as the water won’t subside in a day. We decided to postpone the get together with lots of wish to still have time to meet KAT before she leaves to move to Manila.
MNE is a fun girl. We had a good laugh. I hate to say that she may need the food as she may be trapped in the house for days. She plans to sit still like Buddha and eat all the chocolate mousse. She hopes she won’t be ballooning later. Actually we don't mind to have leftovers luncheon soon.
Rain has just stopped. I heard that the traffic is not bad as many people might be stuck at home. I don’t have plan for today. MBO has asked me to translate a 15-page newsletter into English. It should be nice to have something to do while being calm like Buddha at home (inspired by MNE). I feel blessed to have dry life now but also learned from RAD this morning about how to let go in such situation. Her books are going to be soaking soon. It must not be easy to salvage everything. I have no right to complain now.
Photo of Buddha I see every day in my house.