Friday, February 16, 2007

Kitchen Business


I slept well. Hm nice, I longed. Cloudy morning but nice, not too cold. I started my computer then worked. Mama was startled. Come out, I show you my fruits. Ah yes.

I was about to finish one paragraph when dragged myself out. I really didn’t want to lose the spirit to finish my work. I had been absent three days, not touching it at all. I was a bit nervous as deadline crawling closer.

I walked around the garden. Every time I visited, Mama had something new. The green house was in construction the last time. This time she has fruits on trees. I didn’t always visit the right time. Today I saw rambutan, dragon fruit (as shown in photo), lime, mango as always,..

After having a good laugh with Mbak Siti, the veg vendor, I returned to my work and tried to concentrate. It’s not easy with business around house by two active occupants, Mama and DHA, plus one busy helper assisting both. It’s good that everybody was busy. Mama was in kitchen making chocolate pudding and apple pie, while DHA nesting in bedroom playing a never-ending game in computer. He went out of room only to get food and check how far his Grandma had gone. Sometimes I giggled listening to their turntakings. Much ado about nothing.

They could be nice to each other sometimes. Hearing their discussion about baking apple pie, I could not help laughing out loud in the end. I don’t remember the technical issue they talked about but in the end DHA looked at me and said YOUR Mom doesn’t want to listen. Ha ha.. My Mom? Your Eyang.

I said to DHA Now you two know that you could not listen to each other, could not complain more then.. I had a really good laugh. I accustomed to listen to Mama complaining about DHA doesn’t want to listen especially when it comes to cooking technique. Both have different ways. Mama thinks cooking is art while DHA thinks cooking is science. So funny.

I worked very well. It’s good in Malang time goes by slowly. I could be productive. I liked to check how far I have gone (and Mama noticed ha ha). I didn’t allow myself to stop for eating or checking emails when I hadn’t finished a part I’d set as target. I have about less than a quarter left now. I try hard to finish all this evening because I need time to see Uncle ANT and girlfriend TET tomorrow :-)