Thursday, February 1, 2007

Empty Affirmation


My today’s word is irrelevant.

I got up very early today, 4:30. It’s still dark but I felt very light. I smiled in bed, thinking of my past few days, it’s irrelevant now :-) I think I should believe in biorhythm MBO kept updating me (she has the calculator in her PDA). She told me that my intellectual reached the lowest curve last Saturday, so my emotion, but my health is good. MBO was afraid I could eat human because I had low mood and intellectual but high energy. I can be destructive, she thought. Yea, she should be careful. So funny.

Anyway, yes, I feel fresh to start a new month. Where time flies? It’s strange that I found a birthday card from Sis (along with 6 stars difficulty rating of a sudoku puzzle) among bank statement envelopes just this morning. When did I miss that? I sorted out mails myself but missed a shocking pink envelope? Don’t tell me this is about being 41 – now I know why Sis sent the puzzle, my awareness needs gym :-) It’s nice though to have sort of extended birthday.

After three days of reading success book, I could not agree more with the definition of success in the Introduction:

“Success is waking up in the morning, whoever you are, wherever you are, however
old or young, and bounding out of bed because there’s something out there that
you love to do, that you believe in, that you’re good at – something that’s
bigger than you are, and you can hardly wait to get at it again today.” –
Whit Hobbs
It was raining hard almost all day. I don’t remember the last time Jakarta had such pour. It could do well too – less motorbike in streets. I got Museum Nasional exactly 10:30. RIT, AMA, and I would witness MNE's first show as museum tour guide in English (her first language is French).

MNE was 20 minutes late but she managed to calm self in a second then started the ‘show’. It was my idea to watch MNE in action. I’ve been interested in becoming a tour guide since years but got no kick to start the 12 week course. I’m not sure whether I have enough knowledge and creativity to share the highlight of the museum. Been in MNE’s tour for almost two hours, I know I could if I want. How should I form my affirmation then?

Later the day I learn that affirmation is not an easy thing to say if I am not sure of that; such as I am a powerful woman. An affirmation is just an affirmation – nothing could affirm me if I’m not sure of what. It is believed that to state something positively could strengthen our positive power inside. That’s theory.

I told the same thing to IN, my artist friend in Ubud, earlier today. He shared about his wife who suffers of CA the past few weeks. It’s shocking. I called him while driving to Museum. He cried and my heart dropped to ankle. I could not do anything for now but praying for them. I told him to tell URS to be tough and sure that she could pass this.

I’m not sure whether it’s affirming or not. All I know is we are worried about things we don’t know now.

Photo of Majapahit guard - Dwarapala - at Museum Nasional.