Monday, February 26, 2007

Resetting


What a good morning. Jakarta had blue sky! So rare. I enjoyed it while having breakfast prepared by Ija, my staff. Ah.. what a luxury! I demanded her to prepare breakfast for me this morning, first time after two years she works for me. I come to realize that I should delegate more of domestic work. I have two and half (one part-timer) staffs at home around the clock but still do many things myself. Been away ten days, I learned, they could also do well if I let.

I’m in perfectly good shape – in and out. I feel flatly happy for no reason and would like to keep the feeling as long as I could. I drop all expectations even the simplest and start “do my thing” without putting off. I realize more that I should look after myself first, than others, not the other way round. Being considerate is good to an extent but “do my thing” is also important :-)

I had Ibu Ida came to scrub me. I’m worried about mosquito itch I have since Bali. I had sensitive skin long time ago and it returns since a trip before last trip to Bali. Mosquito bites become an issue now. Anyway, I feel much better after my skin touched turmeric. Traditional treatment almost always works.

I haven’t planned my evening. Eh should I? No. I’m going to browse my books and personal ‘assignments’. I may need to ‘burn’ my ideas to realize Mama’s living memoir and some designing projects. I have to start soon as my days this week have been booked by friends.

I enjoy being reset..

Photo of Jakarta blue sky from where I had breakfast this morning.