Sunday, February 4, 2007

60 : 40


It was cloudy in the morning. The sky was grey of heavy cloud. I planned to grocery shop but felt a bit pessimistic. I decided to weapon myself with rubber sandal, cellphone charger and earphone to listen to radio (traffic report), a book, and crackers.

I started early to get C4 hypermarket before crowd. I was wrong. I didn’t shop long but had to be in check-out queue long time in such early hour – 10:30. I noticed many people stocking up food and baby supplies; some carts were full of instant noodles and mineral water for flood victims I guess. When I was in queue, the lady before me asked how many cat I have. Yes, I had a dozen of cat food and one big pack of rice. That’s what she could see. I smiled shyly. One cat.

I met up with a friend at PS mall. I was surprised to see the mall full of families. They didn’t look like they were in trouble. It got me thinking, do they belong to the 40% of population who live in dry area? And later in the afternoon – when sun was weakly shining – many people enjoyed sitting out door. I guess some were families who refuging in big hotels near the mall. I talked to some shop attendants; they also live in dry area. So, can I say that people who live in dry area has normal life? Hm.. I was in the mall too.

Life is unfair anyway but economy has to keep distributing too :-)

Photo of space decoration at SC.