Hari Perempuan (revisit)
I was mopping bedroom floor when a friend texted me Selamat Hari Perempuan. He caught me the right time. I felt like a woman when doing household chore. Smile. I thanked him (for reminding me of my femininity).
I was sweaty hectic – cos I had early appointment at ten (sharp) with PEN – when I got a phone call from CF, my long time customer. Oh he called me at home. We exchanged hi then he told me what he wanted. Another mysterious story in FRA answered. His wife had asked LIN for help to move a huge stone statue CF bought years ago. I remembered one day LIN told me that she trembled from a lady who entered shop and pushed LIN to lend FRA staffs to help her moving her art. The effect was horrible. Two other customers hurriedly went out, LIN said. So she must have been acting out of proportion.
This morning I learned about how to deliver message in a nice way. I learn a lot from my customers to be a good customer. I didn’t tell CF why LIN shut the possibility to get help from us. CF is a soft nice guy. He delivered his message nicely and clearly. Biz done in four minutes. I will send my staffs to his house tomorrow.
So I was ten minutes late. PEN and I are two of a kind. Time slave. We always check each other's time before spending time together. PEN told me that she had all day, so did I. We went to the biggest annual handicraft fair today.
This year the fair occupies bigger space. Two big halls bigger. And it’s good that they sectioned it according to merchandise category. PEN and I agreed with visiting handicraft section only, no clothing. So we went to Hall B for handicraft, not so good, but we ended up buying batik. I bought three batik skirts for Mama and a natural dye batik material. We both bought a nice expensive Timor cloth in red n white. Next hall was clothing, skipped. Then main hall was handicraft again. We walked lazily and decided to have lunch first. It was already 13:30.
We made another unsystematic round again and we both started accumulating things. I bought two ceramic plates with batik motif. Then cushion covers and more as we entered the three plenary halls. This is the same venue for Java Jazz. Very familiar place. Both hands were well occupied. Only two plastic bags but each was very full. PEN said we’d be gorillas by the end of the shopping trip. Longer arms.
We decided to end five hours trip by walking other route. That reminded me tos1.blogger.com/blogger/7351/719/1600/gas chart.jpg">
Chart compares U.S. regular gasoline summer prices in 2005 and 2006 forecast, by region. (AP Graphic)
line. Jeff Fusco/Getty Images
I also found this little chart, comparing gasoline summer prices with projected 2006 price forecasts--I think they are a little off back then:
Chart compares U.S. regular gasoline summer prices in 2005 and 2006 forecast, by region. (AP Graphic)