Thursday, April 13, 2006

Different

I woke up with empty mind. I stayed in bed one hour before slowly getting up at 6:50. I felt the need to do something big. Or perhaps.. different. Thinking thinking thinking. I ended up doing same thing.

I can say I have finished PLV blog.. finally. It needs more writing but I can do later.

It’s funny to learn how people entered my blog. Readers are from many parts of the world. I learn about city names – Perth in Canada? I also learn about what people keyed in Google before they found this blog. They entered from Java Jazz, name of musicians and artists I mentioned, to trip to Bandung, and this morning I giggled cos someone entered cuci sofa (and clicked the photo -- to get the phone number probably ha ha..) Now I know that my blog offers much info!! Internationally and locally ha ha.. And it’s good to know what people expect from Google. I also one who abused Google. I keyed in impossible words to test its power. Ha ha..

Now go to work. 11:40.

I almost slept in bad traffic. It was raining soo hard, so hard that I could not see clearly. My fault. I left house around 15:00, too late.

One month of not going, bazaar looked different. Many new vendors, interesting ones. I liked the silver jewelry stalls, I found three new. Designs were big – I know it’s in fashion now but not me. I enjoyed it very much. I took long time to absorb the beauty of artist’s creation. I made one round later and kept telling self that I don’t need anything – no more skirt, no more silver, no more shoes, no more accessories,.. I need nothing.

A new resto opened. I could not believe looking at the que. Oh sooo long. I felt like Jane of Tarzan – just came out of jungle. What is happening? J.Co Donuts & Coffee. What’s so special about it? Donuts? Later at night, a cousin managed to buy half a dozen. I opened the box.. Oh smell of fabricated donuts. I refused to try. I could feel it stuck my throat. It’s very typical Jakartan with new delicacies shop or resto. They let themselves to be the slave of a trend. After two months, the new shop or resto would be back to normal (read: empty). By the way, cousin told me that donut was good. Different. Okay.

I went straight to FAH’s resto cos everybody was there – the only place they could smoke. FAH is out of town. It’s like a ‘home’ cos we always sat there when stall was close by. Waiters gave complimentary dish once in awhile, later in the evening YAN commented: they might give us trial dishes, see whether we can survive 15 minutes. In fact, we finished it all and safe! I had two salted lassi, one mango lassi, and masala tea.. plus prawn tikka with rice. Simple but nice. Full.

I went to Valus (one price store) with AIN, NIL’s little girl. I needed a small plastic container. I loved to go to this shop. Many cute lil things at cheap price – USD 2. Before it was only USD 0.5/item. I liked to create things using these cute items, but I had to be careful cos I could turn it into just junk too. I bought some collapsible CD box made of cute see-thru plastic. And two jute bags for friends. Very nice bags. So glad to have a look.

I got home almost midnite. I took time to give Chiko his Amoxcillin. Ugh.. I stained my new white skirt with its red liquid. I soaked it with hope it disappears in the morning. It always happens when I wear white. Like I attract other color to stain me. Grr..

Okay. I had a nice day cos different. I look forward to having Bali trip today. 00:58


Note: Photo of my lil friend, AIN.