Sunday, January 20, 2008

Excitement


I got up happy. Nice to feel this way in… Jakarta! Although I didn’t have plan what I would do but I felt enthusiastic to face the day. I had a nice day yesterday. A day without plan. I successfully imported some 40 CDs into my iTunes library while doing many things else. In the evening I spent nice time with friends I rarely met. It’s friends of friend wedding followed by short chitchat in a bar. I’ve known the clique two years so I’ve taken them into my collection of friends. Fun singles.

I started the day tidying up computer: checked up software updates, updated them, installed Skype I meant to do since long, and reactivate my old blog blumuse. It's blog I used to use to keep articles of my interests (culture, people, places) that might be useful for others. I revamp the blog to be the home of my new interest: life in Ubud! I hid irrelevant articles and added some new I found recently. More coming!

Later the day I realize why I feel excited since morning. It’s going to be my last day in Jakarta! Well, I still have tomorrow but it will be a day full of meetings. One has booked my time two weeks ago, one just now, plus I've asked two friends’ time as I might not have a chance to meet in the next two months (after more than a month of not seeing each other). Time and space become more limited.

Anyway, in this trip I will take some artworks and photographs to warm my place in Ubud. I won’t take many clothes as I left all I brought the last time. Surely I need my wardrobe to be expanded soon but that can wait. I need a nice huge bookshelf first for my ever expanding book collection. Hm… So many things to think, so excited!

For my approaching birthday, I got an idea to treat myself! I’m visualizing this is do-able!

Photo of terracotta brick in Keraton Kasepuhan, Cirebon.