Work is fun you know…

A friend wrote me when I reminded him to stop working on Saturday. He then elaborated why’s fun; he got people from some international organizations visiting him in his new station in Papua this weekend. Oh… I’ve known too well how fun work could be for many people. I’m lucky to be surrounded with people who loved and love their work since I was a kid. Although I decided not to follow my late parents’ path as teacher but I could feel their passion for their profession. Work was fun too for them.
I didn’t work today. I moved around house tidying up and packing up – slowly but sure. I thought the other day what life would be without things to do. Often I felt overwhelmed by things I need to do. So many little things like having a debt, it haunts me and makes me wanting to be free from any kinds of ‘debt.’ Free means tick everything off, not avoid.
Like many other weekends, I often chat with friends who are busy during weekdays. But this friend who has same sleeping pattern like me is busy all the time. He travels out of town during weekdays and works (happily) at home during weekends. He is the one who is connected to the Internet 24/7 except when he’s in flight. I admire how he organizes about 4 events per year that involve many artists per event. Managing people, that’s tough, for me I feel. Selecting artworks, expecting the artists to be cooperative, publishing catalogs, advertising the event, and all the details in holding an event. It must be fun for him.
So yes, the time before taking a break is my time to review what I have done and still need to do. I’m quite satisfied. I’m ready to have a good time.
Stretching in Sanur beach.