Don’t worry, be happy.

That’s the slogan of my car insurance company that proved to be true today. It's not a translated slogan, it's in English. Actually I hesitated to go to Denpasar since I was late to be ready. But I was still in the mood of Do what you can do today so no delay. I had to go.
Then it’s bang! I stopped my car timely not to hit the car in front of me that just took over my way. Since my previous car accident, I’m aware of safe distance between cars especially here in Bali where the road is so smooth and the traffic is too ‘manageable.’ So yes, I stopped before kissing the car but the car behind me pushed my car hard so it kissed eventually. It’s funny when I looked at rearview the car behind me was coming in uncontrollable speed and I just ‘waited’ the bang to happen. It’s all in a matter of seconds. Four damaged cars stopped and opened doors. I walked out to see my damage and felt sorry immediately for the car owner behind me who had his radiator burst because it hit my trunk door.
I only stayed out of car a few minutes then back sat in my cool air-conditioned car. We had gathered spectators by then and caused the traffic jammed. I didn’t want to bake myself in the sun and my Bali outfit was definitely not for larger crowd. I didn’t feel anything. I just called my cousin to get his point of view since I could not move on with my day with car being tightly sandwiched by two cars.
It took sometime before policemen came and asked the guys how it happened. Maybe. I was not sure since I stood in the shade away from the other damaged-car owners. It’s interesting that later one by one approached me asking from where and to where I'm going, and where’s my husband. My friend in Denpasar was right that we cannot live as a single in Bali. I didn’t answer the question but asked them if I can just go to continue my day. They didn’t let me especially the policemen! Although I would not claim and be claimed by others but I was considered involved. Of course.
We had a good laugh at police station later. We spent some two hours in the heat waiting for the policeman to take note (yes in longhand) and to decide how to solve the issue. There were six men and me, and no one was upset! No one! Even the one with broken radiator. In the end, the policemen refused to issue a statement for our car insurance companies. Good my insurance company does not need a police statement. So we were all free after two hours. It was still noon. I continued going downtown and finished running errands with ‘not round’ car anymore.
Life is unpredictable. My plan then slightly changed. My car would be in garage from next week on so all shopping have to be done within this week. Like Javanese often express: It could have been worse! So be happy!!
The corner that gives me different feeling from today on.