Monday, August 17, 2009

Set yourself free, set others free…


I joined Sunday kirtan last night. It’s just nice to be out of house after a day living with myself at home. Having no Internet connection forced me to have a real connection with myself. Had finished household chores ritual, I started reading and later in the afternoon I found myself sitting on bedroom floor cleaning the wooden slits. It could be fun too. Like meditation, be silent!

The thing is… now I know, many things I do, I do online. I had an idea to plan my weeks but my calendar is online. I wanted to compose write-ups for Neru page but the material is online. I planned to share pictures but I need to be online. I remembered I needed to write to some friends but of course… need to be online. I think I need to start reading a book again.

Today is Indonesia’s Independence Day. I heard national anthem played somewhere. It reminded me of my childhood when we had to come to school for an hour to attend raising-flag ceremony. It’s a strange feeling that I went to school in the morning then be 'independent' after that. It’s nice!

And since the national holiday falls on Monday so the weekend becomes a long weekend. It’s a perfect waiting if you have something to do on workdays. I couldn’t file my complaint about my landline phone because the Ubud office closed. The Help Desk center in Jakarta (oh so far away) only received my complaints. I'm so focused with what I’m going to do first thing tomorrow that I keep thinking today is the day. My staff will ask Telkom to fix the line and I will go to Denpasar to make my Internet mobile modem works again. I rescheduled my other errands in Denpasar so that I could do all tomorrow instead on the day I had planned.

Like all, I learned to keep options available. I was too comfortable using the speedy connection that now I know slower connection can be fine too in emergency. I will activate the other two options tomorrow.

And now, I practice what Mama used to tell us Do what you can do today.

Set the cock free in Sanur.