I can have this!

My friend mumbled while sitting on my bedroom's window frame. She loved my house! I liked the way she practiced 'law of attraction' that she said she has found it work. Nice! I'm glad that I invited her to come over this late afternoon. It’s been twice she visited Ubud and missed me so I made sure this time she would not. My good friend who shared me nice moment last night.
She took my friends and me to a dance performance in arts center in Denpasar. It’s performed by a well-known group that I never had a chance to watch their works before. My friend is a big fan of the group that she practically followed the group wherever they performed. Anyway, she had given me notice a month ago about the group performing in Denpasar. I was kind of excited anticipating the day but… Like often, I preferred to cocooning at home on my first day back in Ubud especially after long traveling. I was in battle inside. Being happy at home and narrowing my world, or going out and extending my horizon.
I was already in the mood when started the car engine. Glad I won the battle! I met new people and watched a performance that entertained all senses. It gave me goosebumps to see bedaya dance from Java and legong dance from Bali performed on the same stage. Both are fine works. And even more, the main dancers were senior maestros! They danced so fine! I told my friends after we left that I’ve seen many traditional dance performances but none as good as this one. The live gamelan from Java and Bali mixed so well. Oh… it’s beyond! I felt rich and refreshed when drove home close to midnight again!
I felt the glow from the experience last night. It was one of my hectic days before another travel. I had to do laundry before started the day. And my day was kind of odd since I had to manage some stuff just before meeting with my good friend who’s visiting from Australia. Ubud has started its peak. Bad traffic everywhere especially with one big hole on the road in front of Ubud market. It’s a strange hole because it’s perfectly round and deep like a bomb had exploded on the spot. Anyway, the bad traffic changed my agenda.
Expect the unexpected. I spent nice evening with a good friend from Jakarta. The one who liked my house a lot. We closed the visit in a resto near my house. The one that serves my favorite grilled fish and coleslaw. We had nice chat over many things. I learned a bit about being a Javanese from her. How she connects with the culture…
What did I miss?
The dance through my pocket camera's lens.