Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Great weather!


A friend texted me from Holland. I also found Ubud the same. Great weather! It was drizzling when I awoke. It’s so luxurious to wake up in my own bed. I stayed for a while enjoying the sky and the nature sound. I feel great!! I started the day slowly. I had nothing to rush. Or, I made it that way after a 3-week long away from Ubud.

What I like about me today is… I rediscovered my passion to produce necklace and make collage! I sold 12 necklaces in Jakarta, I even got payment before I left for Bali. I often underestimated my own works. I got more orders that I didn’t want to promise. I like to create but no one can order. My manager knows that already so she knew how to answer such query from my fans.

Speaking of fans, I have a new activity now… observing Neru page. It’s strange that Facebook didn’t create notification if ‘something happens' on the page for administrator. I watch the activities of the wall since I don’t want somebody uses it for his or her own advantage that I noticed from other popular page. People added themselves as fans then promote their products on the page. Such practice exists!

I was so brave to expose Neru in the open. The good thing about creating a fan page is the administrator is hidden unlike setting up 'group.' Anyway, I was just astonished by the power of word-of-mouth. Some of Neru fans are friends from my lists and friends-of-friends. Some are friends in real life but not on Facebook (for some reasons). And, some are prominent persons in the country that I didn’t expect they become fans of a small shop they’ve never been. I really hope it’s because they clicked the page and found it interesting to keep the info like keeping a name card of a place you think you might need someday. So 64 new fans in two weeks is not bad at all.

Well… well… I’m happy with my day. I took stock of stones for necklaces. I browsed some art challenges websites to prepare my comeback in virtual world. I know Blucolage still has fans. It’s just nice to be in the virtual art community again. It’s a virtual whip for me to create. I could easily feel malu observing my virtual friends' work on Etsy. I haven’t done enough.

Two friends were going through final examination for their post-grad degree today. And my dear friend in Manila fell ill since Monday that she expects not swine flu. She just traveled in the US two months. Now I really care…

I miss this. Chiko’s fur.