Good to see you again, Mam!

It’s been two days the restaurant attendant greeted me in the morning. Knowing Singaporean don’t stop to smell roses, for me, this is special. After over a week around, she knows what I prefer. I appreciate that!
I walked quite far today for little shopping I’d been planning. It was raining hard in the morning but then stopped just before I left to start my day. I was not in the mood to meeting friends. There’s one I’d like to see actually but she teaches so might only have time to meet before dark. My stretching time in balcony. Yes, I have a new rhythm here.
I enjoyed walking in this city very much. It’s flat, even, and clean. Distance is not a matter. Even more now after the city provides more crossings along Orchard Road. It’s just easy to zigzag to check out shops in both sides without having to use underpass.
Today I had the urge to make collages. It’s nice to rediscover my passion after making one for my Belgian friend the other week. Making collage for somebody is different than making collage as artwork only. I need to study the character and what we share in common. It’s not easy especially when I only have very limited magazines to chop up. And, it’s financial magazines. Not many I could chop. But can it stop me from creating? I could not even stop myself. It’s fun!
I have some friends visiting Ubud this week. It’s ironic, like often, that friends who rarely come to Ubud miss me when they are around. How would I know? How would they? A friend has booked me for her visit three weeks from now. It looks so far away now but still before I know time comes.
I’m still here but already have travel plan for next week and next month. First half of the year has passed.
My view when I stretch in balcony.