Saturday, April 18, 2009

Zen moment in cleaning.


A friend shared For a while I had it but then there was too much moment and no more Zen and my body was tired… tired.

I did lots of cleaning since early morning. I got up with the spirit of I have to get it done today. And I did with the
last help from Pak Agung. He worked happily with me but then before went home he told me that he resigned for one month. What is this?

He might be hurt to learn about my complaint yesterday. He is not used to unlike my staffs in Jakarta since they already know about my standard and what I want. I hardly, if never, complained about Pak Agung’s work simply because I could swallow little things. Anyway, I let him go and will see if he manages to cool down in one month. If not, then it’s time to give other Balinese a chance to work.

I continued working on my plan to rearrange storage till late afternoon. My euphoria of being a "new kid on the block" in Bali has subsided. I changed all exotic boxes (
sokasi) I used as storage. One, because I have a lot more to store now. Second, I was tired of the dusty look after months. I bought plastic containers (degrading?) that have nice look and fit in my hidden space. It accommodated all my stuffs (necklace, books, DVDs, and necessities). Now I enjoy tidier space without throwing away. But yes, I also packed up bags and clothes from the time I saw Bali as a tourist. I have a lot that are ready to go now. A real life has started. No more touristy look.

I also brought my old wooden ironing board back to its original function. The board I bought in Solo is so unique. It’s a masterpiece on its own. Now it serves both functions: as decoration and ironing board! I enjoyed ironing this evening. Give a new life to a thing is fun. Given a new life to the wooden floor yesterday, I gave a new life to my bedroom including the ironing board today. I also fixed Hudoq mask I bought in Kalimantan last week that I once felt not sure whether I have bought ‘the right item’. My friend convinced me that I have bought a collector’s item. Been in art business ten years, I still have doubt about what I chose sometimes. I need others to confirm when I'm in doubt.

So I have a good day with a combination of losing a staff and gaining new energy from touching things around house. I will move on…


Banksy's Maid in London a friend shared me.