Oh, I am so happy!

My friend repeated her mantra many times that gave me good feeling to know that she truly enjoy the trip with me. This is our first time to go out of Ubud together. We went for a trip to Yogya many years ago but then we just knew each other. Anyway, it was really fun to go with her. And I’m glad she found me the same.
We didn’t plan to shop so I squeezed three museums to visit since morning. First we went to toys museum that just opened one year. Funny that we could not find the museum but then someone told us that the museum has bakery cabinet in front because it’s a resto-cum-café-cum-museum. Later we found out that the museum is run by private. Of course.
My friend a bit hesitated but I told her that we are already on the spot. So we moved on! It’s five-story building that housed hundreds of old toys from the 1920s. I don’t know much about the toys because some are from other countries. But I really enjoyed rediscovering some characters and some ‘odd’ toys from me. Good that my friend and I lived our childhood in different place and era. She is 17 years older than me. There were more memories she rediscovered from the display.
I enjoyed the museum very much. The collection is really good and many toys are still complete with its boxes. It’s so cute! My friend and I speculated how and when the owner started collecting because many of the toys looked ‘untouched’. Some are valued over $ 10,000. What a nice idea to share private collection with public and the government acknowledges its existence by putting the museum in guide book and sign to show where to go.
Our second destination was an ex fire department that turned into a design museum. Another nice museum that house products that win Red Dot award. My friend and I were busy reading each description attached to the item then giggled a lot. Some products have great idea but not practical for daily use. Some have given us ideas of what we can do at home.
We felt a bit hungry but we pushed ourselves once more to visit the third museum – another toys museum but specialized in Shanghai made toys. We had nice Indian food for lunch before hit the road again in Little India. Pity the museum closed! Maybe because it has not enough visitors because of the location? Anyway, we almost finished three museums today.
We spent the rest of the day shopping and giggling. It’s so nice to hear my friend’s feedback about me in general. Traveling is definitely a way to connect with people better. One could love or fail to like just because of a 3-day stay in close connection for 24 hours.
We celebrated our last night in a sidewalk café of a big hotel. Got in room, my friend fell asleep like a baby once her head hit mattress. And here I am, struggling to keep eyes open since the night is still… young.
A collection of Popeye the Sailor Man at MINT Toys Museum, Singapore.