Sunday, April 19, 2009

One trip is needed to perfect the make over.


Yea, I needed the trip to Denpasar to complete my house project this week. I needed a new chair for my desk after I removed the two heavy chairs yesterday. I also had quite a shopping list in my favorite hardware store.

I had the spirit of buying anything in white because that’s the theme of my house. Swedish style. But… the white chairs I intended to buy were out of stock like I had predicted. I tried out some chairs, similar models, different models, but decided to stick to the same model I have at home but in… red! The only one left.

Then the only laundry basket I could take is in orange. I felt like dreaming see all white laundry baskets and hampers on the shelves. Trend might have changed, people choose colors now. I simply don’t like to busy my eyes with too many colors around house especially in my small house.

Then I decided to buy a ladder for the house. My first step to live without a handyman around. Pak Agung gave himself a one month probation but for me I have to start preparing my life without him around from now on. I shared with my friend that I’m matured by every break up I experienced in my life. I could easily let myself depend on people but, in my recent case, before Pak Agung decides to continue or end our partnership I already know how to do things around house without him. I have planned on since yesterday.

So I’m happy with my short trip downtown although two friends cancelled our date last minute. I celebrated the day by having lunch plus gossiping with Ayuk, my staff. It’s just nice to spend time with her for a 'different color'.


Red in my white room.