Monday, April 20, 2009

It’s global crisis.


That’s what I thought since last night. I don’t like to talk on the phone so I rarely made a phone call except if I feel that I have to. I called my good friend in Jakarta last night since I missed (literally 'miss') a few friends. Missed in the sense that I didn’t hear from them through email, text, let alone phone call. I have done my part, I have reached out, but no one responded.

So my friend explained to me what she knew about our friends’ situation. One travels a lot that she could not breathe. One keeps on the hop. One simply disappears. My friend and I are also the same actually but we maintained our communication well so far. Anyway, that’s when I realized that we, women, are in ‘global crisis’. We are too busy with our life that it’s not easy to keep up with friends. I understand.

I wrote a bit more to friends I wonder about how they are doing now. Some friends are already on Facebook that I know more or less their situation. I could also decide if I can visit them or not from their daily status. I planned to visit a friend in KL but apparently she is pretty occupied with domestic chores at the moment since she has no maid.

I did many errands in a few hours today. So luxury in Ubud. I already subscribed to the better Internet connection but they ran out of modem so have to wait two weeks for installing. I also had time to go to bank and post office. And close the day chatting with my color stylist in his salon. It was hot but I badly needed a reviving hair color.

I worked a bit more the rest of the day. I enjoy my new storage system. I could feel I become more productive now.


Dots on a gecko’s tummy seen from my desk this evening.