Encounter Point

I am sure you were a bule before….that's why you connect so easily to all of us. A friend who believes in past lives wrote me. She commented on how I get along with foreigners easily while she – as a Dutch – has more Asian friends in Kuala Lumpur where she lives now. It’s interesting. I discussed about it with my friend yesterday. Ya, what had made me?
I believe in 'energy' or law of attraction. Not that I want to attract bule then I have some 90% foreigner friends. It’s the same interests that had brought me closer to all of my friends now – bule or not.
So when I met the owner of a ceramic shop I have been visiting more than three years now... I visited the shop today. I saw the owner-cum-the brain behind the business for the first time. He talked on phone in thick Sundanese accent. I didn’t pay much attention until he approached me. He wanted to know what I’m doing in Ubud.
After a few exchanges I ended up following him to see his huge kiln in studio in the back of the shop. He convinced me that I could help him market his product. When I said I only go for funky unusual stuffs, he said he knew already. That later he showed me his new products. The super funky ceramic sculptures – the same style with bowls I bought the other day. I was mesmerized looking at the details. This guy is serious!
He became excited in no time. He even had started to talk about fresh line he would do for Neru. My! He can’t be that serious! Then I have to be serious! What is this? He squeezed me in his little time between meetings just to convince that I could sell? I shall take the chance.
We made an appointment after New Year for him to visit Neru. Think I'm close to come to a new concept for Neru. Thing that I have thought long time now. I had 'dropped' a Swedish lamp designer to do collaboration because I thought it would not work. I dropped the idea before even gave it a try. I should not let this slip. I have to work on my part.
What a nice encounter, the right time before year ends. Time to recreate!
Picture of the object in question.