Monday, December 29, 2008

Live as the Time Changes


Been a few days stay in a metropolitan city, I realized that living in kampung one year is enough to change my lifestyle or habit or… Like in Jakarta, here I could sense if I shower with hard water. My sensitive eyes became red after shower. Thing I forgot I had since I live in Ubud. And this morning I was a bit worried when heard the helper sprayed chemical cleaning agent and before too long I got headache and red eyes of the fume. Oh!

And more, thing I didn’t realize before, MSG affects me now. Yum yum food with MSG gives me headache right away. I must have been less sensitive when I lived in Jakarta – city with lots of MSG, I presume. So this is my new life. I might have made myself difficult since I’m back to basics – unconsciously. My friend had reminded me actually that I might find it difficult to have salads in the city where no such original organic vegetables available. My taste bud might not taste but my body could tell. Auch!

I had lazy day in front of laptop. I tidied up my interconnected email accounts of fifteen years. I keep them all but needed to install auto-response in some accounts that I don’t use anymore. It’s tedious but that’s the way I keep connection with the past.

I also wrote some long emails to friends who contacted me for the season. It is so nice to be in touch again although we barely had time to meet let alone talk on phone during the year. Keep old connections, make new connections.

Picture of Ubud sky a day before I left for Manila.