Oliver’s Travels
I didn’t remember that yesterday I traveled on Christmas day until I noticed the food tray in plane had a little memento of the occasion. I flew normal flight after a few years being a good patron of budget airlines. Yes, I saw snack, drinks, and food! It was so nice to be able to know the difference. I used to be picky when flying, maybe still when fly long flight, but later I don't fuss being economic. I don’t eat much, I have good size for a narrow seat, and I don’t fly long flight often enough.
So I was happy walking in the Hong Kong Airport again after many years of not visiting. I missed Hong Kong I used to visit several times a year in the past. The long walking to my gate for Manila connection was fun after almost 5 hours being confined in a seat reading and listening to music. I saw a jogger – yes, someone in proper outfit for jogging – jogged in the airport terminal. Not young man but he used his time very well. It must be refreshing after made time to exercise even in an unlikely place. Why not?
I arrived Manila close to midnight and after rain. The city was quiet and I saw decoration lamps everywhere marking the occasion. It must be jolly downtown. No zero Christmas feeling here while my good friends in Ubud made time to have Christmas dinner and dance on the evening so could experience a Christmas in Ubud!
Well…
Picture of a door in a restaurant in Greenhills, Manila.