Empire of the Sun

It’s sunny day. What a weather! It was 23 degree Celsius when I got up and stayed at 27 before noon. Pleasant! I felt energized. I took out a stack of textile handbags from cabinet and laid them in the porch. I could smell the vapor from bit damp stuffs. The sun was strong enough to dry them. I sat in living reading back edition of financial magazines I bought last travel. I realized I need a balance: do household chores and read material with substance. I also kept myself updated with art scenes in Indonesia. So many new names with new style. Pop art is in now. Not my style but they are there!
I tried to get back to necklace I had spread on desk but I preferred to do something else. I tried to find a book to read. I went through many books from a high pile of unread books in bedroom. Reading needs a mood and I don’t know what mood I am in at the moment so after going through the pile of unread books – I have nothing to read.
I had jalan-jalan sore in late afternoon – fetching my assembled gift. Yea, that’s what I like to share a gift that I fit from different vendors. Now I have my dining table full of gifts and on the floor lay bags and shoes for my next travel. I need to put them in the sun too. Observing the disarray in the house, I could feel that the most significant holiday of the year has come closer.
I closed the day listening to jazz music with my Ubud friend couple in a lounge five minutes from home. It was not super because the Japanese saxophonist was not there but being with good friends could beat any mood. It was so nice to sit outside, away from loud music, and enjoying music with frogs singing as background. Yes, we had rice field in our back.
Picture of my porch this morning.