Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Get Familiar


Give me time to loosen up! My new Ubudian friend sighed on the way back home. We spent three good hours in the sun hunting for clothing. Visiting numerous shops, she became familiar with my and her styles. Sure, as an ex city girl, she is conventional. I had to push her to try some new styles with... more openings.

We started up in the Ubud Festival office again. This year things came late so we had to pick up stuffs several times. The beat of the Festival had started because the Festival opening is today. Like always, after had quick breakfast, we were itch for an activity. So off we went shopping. Actually, the trip was more for me giving her a tour in downtown Ubud. She hardly had time to do herself because she walked a lot from home. It limits her stretch.

We checked out many clothing shops so my friend would know which shops have her size. In the end, she felt inspired by the shops owned by foreigners live in Ubud. I could display my work too! She mumbled. I never saw her artwork but I believe she is a serious artist. She has studio that has heavy equipment to produce metal and textile works. I am curious now. I have to kick her. Yes, she is also one that needs a hard kick to be productive. Sounds familiar?

We ended the day well. I had good time with my good friend also had visited Neru to get a glimpse of the shop. Ubud is still quiet from tourists. That’s the cycle.

Picture of circle leaves in my pond.