Monday, October 6, 2008

Me and You and Everyone We Know


A few days away is enough to see change on the island and around home. The weather is wetter: rain and humid. It’s good though because the short rain in the evening is enough to help me watering garden. Some plants had grown higher, some were cut that then gave different light effect. The orchid near shower outside is flowering. Nice little difference I found on the way.

I had nice day walking outside village. My car from rental is in garage because of dent I made several weeks ago. It’s a nice feeling to be back to old mode. Some motor and car drivers stopped to offer me a lift. I might have looked desperate for a ride. I was but I waited for Pak Agung, my staff. If I had all the time and energy, I would have loved walk all the way up to Indus.

I met up with my friend who just moved to Ubud. We bought pass for the Ubud Writers and Readers Festival. Actually we had time since we live here but we could not afford losing seats if too late. The Festival has gained popularity the past years and the venue doesn’t expand.

Actually, the buying ticket thing took only ten minutes but the chat took three hours. We didn’t gossip but we learned from our friends’ situation, our parents’ situation, custom here and in Switzerland… We didn’t draw conclusion but we reflected. I liked to have rediscovered our friendship. I felt like we started to learn about each other at early stage. We didn't have such opportunity when we lived in Jakarta. Like now we know that we both often have great ideas but need a good art partner to kick us to make things happen.

We looked at each other thinking how to kick each other as we live closer now.

Picture of cactus in Mama’s garden.