Saturday, October 4, 2008

Story Store: A Quiet Day


I had short sleep. I felt like sleeping with eyes open. I could hear mosquitoes buzzing nearby but glad they didn’t eat me. For I don’t know the reason, I looked forward to getting up.

I got up. I stayed online for a while then taught Anto how to mop floor with one I bought with Dhana yesterday. Like a sales promotion girl, I told him the advantage of using such mop style compared to the other one. It’s nice to have a good laugh in the morning.

Idle. The house was quiet. Only three of us. I moved to chat with Ely, the girl who once lived with Mama for two years more than ten years ago. We chatted till one o’clock last night. She shared me her work, love life, and life. It’s interesting. About her love life, I’d tried to understand her situation but it seems I have to realize that people have a unique consideration. It’s always interesting to learn about someone’s life that could be quite different than mine.

We had lunch together. We had hilarious talk about being the only child in the family. Though have a sister but I live pretty much by myself since very young. We have developed our own world that might be considered ‘unusual’ for many. It’s another hilarious moment when we compared notes.

That wasn’t too long. The house was quiet again in the afternoon. I felt sleepy but stayed awake in bed. Got up, I scrubbed bathroom floor. It’s strange that I still have homework to do in the house but I feel like I don’t have drive to do. At least at the moment.

I’d prefer to stay quiet to sink in. The homework could be big.

Picture of ylang-ylang I took yesterday.