Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum


Don’t walk out the door without a new modem! A friend reminded me to be strong. I know. There are times when I could be so weak that people could send me home without any change. Yes, my not liking to be in an argument is my weakness.

Since I got the message, I rehearsed what I’m going to say while waiting for my turn to tell my problem to the Internet service officer. And I performed it well, it seemed. The lady just exchanged my modem without further question. Hm. I’m not the first customer with such complaint? Anyway, I’m happy.

I enjoyed my short trip to Denpasar yesterday. In three and half hours I finished three items including shopping for beading supplies and home wares. It was hot but I’m used to now. But today is different story. It’s hot and I could hardly bear. It’s super! I ran errands about three hours and that’s all I could take. I hardly functioned in the afternoon. My mind went numb.

It’s 33.5 degree Celsius! I could not believe Ubud weather could vary within more than ten degrees. I missed those days when Ubud was 22 degree Celsius at ten in the morning… Dream on.

Picture of water in pond. It’s rare now as ‘summer’ is coming.