When does the time off start?

I believe a holiday starts since the idea of going pops up. Arranging the trip is the next chore before getting up at 4 in the morning to go to airport! It’s the roller coaster feeling that we look for. Booking a fixed schedule flight at promo rate is first. Accepting the condition is like making a commitment to self, or it would cost us the ticket.
I spent almost all morning checking out hotels’ website and making phone calls. Getting a discounted room from a website is inviting but then it would be like making a bigger commitment because no show would cost us all the reserved nights. Booking directly to the hotel is secure but the rate won’t be that low. It seems regarding many things we have to pay premium for flexibility.
Now I know why my friends liked to contact me to get recommendation of hotel around Ubud or in Bali. They simplify the trip plan. A friend said that her cousin thought I were a travel agent that she had to tell the cousin to book herself. Hm. Actually I did the same, I contacted a good friend to get recommendation and he was so nice to visit hotels of my standard. Pity I didn’t take his recommendation because my travel mate has different idea. Another challenge when traveling with a mate I haven’t known yet. In what standard you are? Local style, branded, or the Aman group?
Anyway, it was fun. We had hilarious communication to decide what type of room and in what rate. My friend was happy when I told him that the hotel has ‘daily maid service’ as part of the room amenities. I’m happy to find myself more flexible than most people in arranging a trip. I could sleep in hard mattress and got wifi connection from the neighborhood although stay at one of the Amans' would be nice too! Bon voyage!
I ended up staying home. The weather was too nice. I ticked off some more items. Small but disturbing because takes time to get it done. It needs quiet as well. Now I know that I like to busy my mind so finishing a quiet item needs a big push. Anyway, it’s so nice to work in Ubud. I shared the feeling with my neighbor-to-be through email. Giving her idea not to hesitate to move soon...
Picture of neighbor-to-be’s land.