Sunday, June 22, 2008

What did I do in different setting?


Wow! I could finish homework in a completely different setting. Malang is cold in the morning. I didn’t have plan for the day so I just roamed the house when remembered that I still have homework from Frangipani. I was not sure I had the drive to do but I “just do it”.

Yes, I managed to finish a piece of work I’d been procrastinated two years! I worked with Dhana’s Japanese cartoon on television blasted out in the background and Mama gave order in the garden, plus Yu Sih dusted the floor and carpet near me. It’s the usual busy morning in Mama’s house.

Having finished the homework, I feel good. I’m happy. Funny I feel, when in Ubud I imagined to be away for a while, when am away from Ubud I miss my life there. I enjoyed Yogya very much but three nights is just enough (my friend also agrees). Do I enjoy Malang? My friend thought so after I talked about delicious food of Malang that I enjoy buying very much (yes, buying). Actually, I found out, three nights in Malang is also enough. I miss my morning chores and I can’t wait to touch my Ubud home-and-house-work again. I know… I have to enjoy the moment…

We all stayed home today. It’s like a real Sunday. Auntie and Rio came over and helped Mama bought a DVD player as she found out hers is already obsolete. Mama needs the new player for watching digital pictures she took in Europe. It’s nice to know that she’s willing to change bit by bit. It took long for her to change to digital camera.

I feel idle. A neighbor came and we ended up discussing her new business – laundry by kilograms. It’s new for me but I contributed ideas of how to manage different colors (I’m laundry expert now). The rest of the day? Not many I did. I continued reading book I started since left Ubud and spent more time listening to Mama explaining each picture shown on television. I understand that she needs someone to listen.

Tomorrow is another travel day.

Picture of my sister and me with Eyang in her house.