Is it because of the people?

Sunday morning. So quiet. No motorbike noise from afar, no sound of animals either. It’s strange that even the creatures know it’s Sunday. I felt like relaxing at home but decided to move to tick off some pending homework.
I owed a visit to my stone supplier in Silakarang. Nice couple I’ve known more than five years. The wife called me when I was in Denpasar yesterday, just to say hi but the thought means a lot to me. I always have them in my mind for many reasons not just business. They are among many nice Balinese I know.
Driving in Ubud is so relaxing. A surprise is ready to be experienced in every corner. I passed my landlord’s village near my house. Mas Ketut is right, the village looked merry with lots of penjor because of the banjar celebration. They also have effigies in an open space like ones in a cremation but different shapes. I drove slowly to enjoy my surroundings.
I’m lucky to have found Pak Sugem’s shop among hundreds similar shops in the area years ago. It’s like destiny when I decided to stop to have a look and became friends with the owner couple ever since. Pak Sugem is lecturer in an art school in Denpasar. He is very creative and that has brought success to the business. He’s open to new ideas and has never been seen 'heavy' about anything. He laughs a lot. It’s the wife who controls the business that she looked ‘tensed’ some times when it comes to price negotiation. I appreciate her.
They ‘reminded’ me again to start a hotel business soon. They are eager to help. I told them they could have a space to sell their art in my hotel if I own someday. It’s just nice to see how friends are willing to support in many ways. We also talked about networks we both know. It’s nice that we are linked to each other. Three hours almost passed when I left the shop carrying a limestone standing Ganesha and a very nice lying Buddha I’d been eying for almost one year. It’s ‘mine’ since I spotted it last year, though I could only fetch it today, I know the Buddha had waited for me. Now both statues reside in my garden. Pak Agung came to help me installing.
I spent late afternoon with Ayu in the salon. It’s so nice walking from home then made a stop at Mbo De’s kiosk to have brief chat and buy rolls for Ayu. I love this village. By the way, tomorrow is the last day of Odalan in my banjar. I haven’t paid respect to the pura. Hm…
Picture of the new Ganesha in my garden.