What do you do in the afternoon?

Ah? Someone I met last night asked me how I spend time in Ubud. His wife snapped quickly Don’t ask her, she loves Ubud! Oh? She thought my thought would not represent major opinion about life in Ubud. She needs someone who says about different thing – not happy life in Ubud – because she heard many nice stories already. She wants to get a good mirror of life after years of living in big city.
The couple interviewed me about living in Ubud since they plan to move to Ubud soon. It’s still amazed me some times that people could decide a place for retirement without assessing the place before. I’d been in and out Ubud a couple of years when decided the place to spend the last part of my life. So when the time came, much sooner than I’d expected, it’s so easy for me to start living in the place. Anyway, I admire persons who are able to project. I’m not good in making major decision based on projection, I need to feel before.
I found it not easy to share with people how I spend my day. Like how I spent my Sunday today: I got up a bit late because I enjoyed morning in bed, I did big load of whites because I didn’t plan to go out (so could chase sunlight), I worked on issues I need to report and work on next week, I planned to write emails to seven name cards I got last night to share my contact (I forgot to bring name cards ugh), I planned to write several thank you emails, I planned to design new name card and paper bag… I planned? Yes, I haven’t done when I’m writing this post. The Ubudian-to-be couple invited me to lunch than check out their land. Yes!
Such unplanned item often filled my day. I’m happy to do as long as I don’t have tight schedule but I also noticed that lately I could only do shorter list. Life after 40s? Don’t tell me… I might be able to drag my body but my mind doesn’t cooperate so better not to push. In such circumstance, I just do what I feel like to do, not I need to do.
So how would I spend my evening? I need to clear up the list of ‘I planned’…
Picture of my whites near the pond this morning.