Saturday, June 14, 2008

Do you feel enough?


It’s another jomblo Saturday night (my cousins and friends could cry for me if I say this). I simply feel merry. Why? I have finished small irksome homework the past days. True what they say about the feeling of overcoming procrastination. It’s addictive. I looked around often to check out what still left undone.

But you’re still young and beautiful! A good friend from the uni days called me. He thought of me while driving. He’s worried that I’m not… happy! I assured him that this is the best time in my life. So he asked me to elaborate my definition of happiness. In the end of my explanation he just sighed You’re a different person now. What?! He’s happy for me in the end, that’s more important for me. Nice to know.

I went room hunting today. It seems July is visitor peak in Ubud (or Bali as well?), hardly any room available. Some friends from Jakarta have already checked out the royal palebon schedule next month for they are going to come to take pictures. More visitors in Ubud. Hm. I don’t plan a trip out next month. I want to stay for Neru, Pallava, and friends. It’s going to be a busy month that I look forward to.

I ran across two neighbors we didn’t realize we’re neighbors until today. The first one is Mendez, owner of my favorite Warung Mendez. I know he works in the neighborhood but I didn’t know that he runs a nice villa complex close to my house! So we talked about how we as orang Jawa ended up in Ubud since May last year, exactly the same month. How we enjoyed the place and feel cocok with the lifestyle. Of course, who doesn’t want to be an owner of a prestigious warung that runs beautiful villas and a guest chef for ambassadors in Jakarta?

The second neighbor I met at Ayu’s salon after I finished getting facial. A young family lives just off my house. I met the husband in a school campus where he works last February and the wife with two years old girl stay home. New Yorkers live in Ubud? They argued a bit about Ubud lifestyle the wife found still hard to adapt after four months. So when I said I feel cukup about the town, the husband could not agree more. He also feels enough. I feel it’ll take longer for the wife to agree with us.

Speaking of cukup, I feel more than enough when got home in twilight. I lit up a floor lamp that illuminates my room brightly. I treat myself. It’s Saturday night by myself. Who knows I might miss this moment later? I enjoy the Now.

Picture of a high roof built as part of the royal palebon next month.