Friend Indeed?

I realized this morning that I tend to avoid friends or relatives who are ‘in trouble’. Not that I don’t care about them but I avoid the negative feeling. I’m selfish. I don’t want to be affected. That’s how I observed myself when I’m ‘in trouble’. I feel that my friends and/or relatives also ‘stay away’ from me. I don’t blame them because I know how it feels to be connected with someone who has problem.
My realization took me to a new understanding about what it feels to be ‘in trouble’ and how a proper attention can mean a lot to us. I learn.
I tortured myself again this morning. I finished 3 kilometers and 15 meters in 30 minutes. I walked faster yes. I was dripping sweaty but felt good. I pushed more weight on thigh and legs.
My midriff tee caused me trouble. One of the Chinese Bapak interviewed me. He asked me how often I go to gym. I told him that I just started again after very long time. Then he asked me how I keep the ‘shape’. I laughed a lot. Ok, you are on diet. #Noo. He really wanted to know how. I told him that I don’t eat much, only lots of fruit and veg. Ah, no wonder you look like a uni-student! #Well, thank you… but I am... His eyes were ready to jump out for he gave me 15 years 'discount'.
I chose the right friend to accompany me lunch. The one I had to ‘chase’ for months to get time to meet (actually we chased each other). We were just lucky to be able to meet today. It fell in the right time and place.
We had four-hilarious-hour lunch talking about a minister’s new young wife (half his age), how men gossiping, many technical stuffs, and finally the plan to earn PhD in Adelaide in December. We also learned new words: energizing, Vespa, sate kambing, and sausage. It was fun. I got home refreshed. My lung wide expanding of walking and laughing.
Photo of me and my Sis.