b l i n k !

Monday morning. I missed my ritual with RAD. I texted her and no reply. We lose the grip of the ritual after three weeks in a row having lunch in the same plaza and stopped. It ends up we both filled the slot with new routine. She said I’m busy, I thought she is busy. Charity, Singapore, Ubud, meeting friends,..
I went anyway. I needed to get out of house after a cocoon weekend. My body had shouted for attention. I combined hair-masking with foot therapy, plus grocery shopping. Not bad for one trip to a plaza.
My color guy said that I looked relaxed and good! Well, I was happy to hear the ‘confirmation’. I thought so. I enjoyed driving and smiled a lot. Even the security waived me from car check. Must be a powerful smile.
I decided to have a hot dog with turkey for lunch. Heavy yes, but I needed. I hardly had anything nice the last couple of days (or weeks?). Well, hot dog was not a super either but.. I liked it.
As I had lunch by myself, I needed a company but didn’t have book in my small handbag. So I found myself… browsing books again in a bookshop. Really dangerous attitude. I should have brought bigger handbag with book to be on safer side. I wanted low priced, light, but nice book. I decided Gladwell’s blink: the power of thinking without thinking. Yes, anything to do with thinking always interests me. END showed me the book the other day and it looked interesting. Ya, I need someone to bring a good book before my eyes to catch my attention.
So I read a few pages of blink. I need this book to know the scientific explanation of intuitive repulsion. Often people asked me how I would know an artifact is fake or newly made. It left me speechless. How could I explain things like “use your intuition”? It may sound silly and 'unintelligent' to many :-) After reading the first chapter, now I know better how to describe the how to tap intuition to know that something is ‘wrong’ without sounding too ‘imaginative’..
Whatever. RIT called. Aha. She and AMA were also in the plaza having light lunch. I left my half hotdog to meet them. I missed them sooo much after almost two months of not seeing.
What a ‘coincidental’ nice day spending an afternoon with two best girlfriends! I had a good time and it left me.. losing appetite to grocery shop. I went straight home feeling refreshed.