Recycled Life

We sat in bad traffic in Jalan Bangka. Both were silent although hadn’t met one month. Only short catch up a few minutes before. We looked at each other. PEN was tired of tennis all morning. I was tired of having long morning since 4:00 -- writing.
We talked about how tired we could be in such humidity. We agreed that we are stuck doing only one thing per day, so unproductive, and getting home anytime of the day means.. end of the day. No energy left to do something else.
We had first meeting of art group today. Only nine showed up – of some twenty. Good enough, we usually had eight at the most. We talked about what we are going to do this year. Every one contributed one or two activities. We ended up having a long list that we needed to stop adding. We could end up in weekly meeting to cover all.
Going on a tour was also in discussion. Bali was one. Another came up; Bandung, Surabaya, Singapore, and China. Oh oh.. we were getting too far. We stopped and had potluck lunch which was super because of many nice desserts :-)
SUS started. She said that she felt like an old woman when in Jakarta. Ah. That’s exactly what I feel since I was back from Ubud. I felt heavy in breathing and like my energy drains faster. Hey, I’m not alone. Every body felt the same. We feel better outside Jakarta like we could do many things in a day. Not just because of the bad traffic but we feel like having more energy to keep us moving.
Ya. Jakarta has confined us in our cubicle. Pollution makes air stale and drains energy. Humidity is other issue. Mosquito adds. We are trapped in recycled cool air 24/7.