Thursday, October 5, 2006

Hey Ibu!


Humid air has bogged my energy down today. Life in Jakarta. Even I could feel since the very morning. That I had to tend UB stall also drained my spirit from early.

UB has died. No spirit anymore. My first partnership business lasted a little over one year. Even I didn’t have the spirit to discuss the arrangement with the rest. I thought.. breaking-up with boyfriend would come easier than talking out business with soon-to-be-ex-partners.

I took myself easy. Staffs did their job very well. I came later with all the grace of a lazy queen. I stopped at END’s table and made first shopping, another anklet with gemstones. I told myself not to buy anything anymore. The commitment lasted 5 meters, I bought ullu ama (Sumba dowry shown in photo) in the shape of wire and a mamuli pendant as symbol of manhood and womanhood.

I survived inside the big hall. I passed stalls with cookies, clothing, and home wares and deco. Until again Hey Ibu stopped me. Yea.. Apa kabar Pak? Baik semua? And eyes were dancing on the table while waiting for the chit-chat answers. Then stopped.. ehm similar neck ornament only finer with cute design. And oh… look at those three-twisted-metal bracelet, my favorite. So.. How much all, Pak? A commitment broke.

More chit-chat with stall-owner-buddies killed time quickly. The lazy queen swung her way out to get car from the valet. What a life in Jakarta!