Life was like a box of chocolates.

You never know what you're gonna get (Forrest Gump). A friend wrote me the first part responding to my story about someone we know. It’s interesting because I thought about the notion since morning, way before he wrote about the chocolate thing.
They say people change. I too let myself change lately. Into good, into not-so-good. About the latter, I follow what I called ‘common practice.’ Like I said in some previous posts, some people are able to let the world wait while I was not. Now I start doing. I could see myself shifting. I survive living without TV since I moved to Ubud 2.5 years ago, now I’m considering to have one. I could hear myself I don’t need a helper, I may need someday.
And there are other minor things I let myself change. Bigger closets, iPod dock, better speaker, more shoes, more handbags… Things I said I was not going to need. Now I have. That’s when I realized that there are things I cannot change and certainly there are things I can change. I enjoy the change. I let myself floating without making a decision now.
I went yoga today. My only class this week. My teacher was wondering if I didn’t feel well. I told her about me being a supervisor for handyman at home. She understood. And nice that she thought I’m very healthy. I enjoyed the qualifier ‘very.’ It’s like confirmation to myself that I’m healthy. Well, I am. I feel good in and out and that is a nice feeling.
I spent all afternoon ‘beautifying’ my cabinets. Like old Dutch cabinets, I covered the glass doors with some kind of cotton runner (not lace like in Netherlands). I didn’t expect the activity took long time to finish. Ironing and figuring out how to fix. Lots of work but I’m happy with the result. My house is more home every day.
In line with the spirit of the day, Eid Hajj for Moslem and Thanksgiving for American, I’m thankful to have a nice day and reasonably good life. I look forward to having a bigger project to do tomorrow.
Interesting modified bicycle I spotted in Den Haag, Netherlands.