Every day creates your history…

MJ shouted in my living room. I have a new iPod dock in the room that keeps music on while I spend time in kitchen, bathroom, or cooling down in living room. I enjoy my new entertainment so much. It works day and night now. I’m nesting a lot these days because I stay home more since I got back two weeks ago. Nesting needs time to feel what I need in the house. After extending my closet in bedroom last week, I started searching for nice bookshelves. Idea pops up anytime of the day so keep your mind open. I got an idea for keeping books when jumped off bed this morning.
I resumed my odd biorhythm the past days. Like jet lag, you need to break the circle if you want to change. I am now in the circle of sleeping at 9, wake up at 2, do things till 5, then half-awake dreaming in bed till before 6, then start the day. The good thing is I have more time to read and communicate with friends live in America. And this morning I used my bike for the first time in Ubud.
I hit the road around 6:15 after a glass of freshly squeezed oranges. I put on my gear and there I learned how to use my bike! Coming out of my house, to the right or left, is the same. Not easy terrain because of steep road. I chose the right for rice field. I walked holding my bike in some parts since I hadn’t got the feeling how to change gear for steep road. Now I know why avid bikers spend a lot for lighter bike. Mine is 10 times cheaper and a few kilos heavier. It’s fine for a beginner. I’m not ready yet for a bike at the price of a mini car.
Pedaling for 70 minutes from my village to downtown Ubud and back, I learn what I need for biking. Light durable backpack, water-bottle holder, biking pants with pad, and large clear shades with prescription for my nearsighted eyes. I forgot to wear eyeglasses this morning so I missed nice view along the way. Fine, next time I will be better in preparing. Also, I learn to decide how long I want to bike. 70 minutes with one 10-minute stop is enough for me. I got home close to 7:30 all sweaty unexpectedly. It was quite cool when I enjoyed fast pedaling in rice field with wind whizzing in my ears. I felt good smelling and touching Ubud directly. Incense and garbage. Barking dogs. Women washing clothes in the creeks. Shops start business early in the morning. Veggies vendors along the way. No wonder my friends are so addicted to biking. It could be addictive!!
And that was not my only outing for the past three days. Ayuk came to pick me up at 9 that she took me to a furniture shop in Mas. I wanted to materialize the idea I got in the morning to get bedside-table cum book-storage I spotted in the shop the other day. I spent almost an hour going through all options. I don’t have space to make furniture-shopping mistake. So I’m happy that in the end I got an idea to stack up two low tables. It’s possible because it’s minimalist style. The girl gave me two thumbs up for my 'creation.' She said I have great taste because the one I chose is specially designed for Tahiti market. Ultra modern style. It’s a bit pricey because it’s all thick wood. Of course.
Now I’m a happy stay-home girl again. It’s sunny outside and I want to spend the day reading… Slumdog Millionaire I just bought before grocery shopping this morning.
Greens I miss when I’m away. At home.