Saturday, June 6, 2009

You give that to me I make the standard!!


I was hanging laundry in the sun when I heard my neighbor’s friend shouted. After over a year of having no neighbor, the past three months I live with a loud neighbor. Loud? Yea. I don’t know why this woman produces noise. She’s an early riser like me. Her morning yoga produces sound either from her loud instructor from tape or herself! Yea, she moves while producing ah ah ah and that could go more than half an hour before the light comes.

That’s in the morning. When she talks on the phone, she talks loudly and in such manner that she sounds annoyed. Anytime of the day she sounds the same. Often I wondered if she ever giggled and talked about silly things. Haven’t heard so far. And when her friend (later I was informed that he is her boss) came, he is even louder and what amazed me is… he could talk non-stop for over an hour with theatrical tone. Exaggerated and excessively dramatic tone! Again, I often thought they were practicing a Broadway performance. When they watched DVD? You don’t want to hear.

Today is special because they got together to try a recipe. Maybe? I knew from my landlord that my neighbor’s boss is going to open a restaurant. And the constant loud conversation, especially on the weekends, is part of interviewing staffs. I guess. But today I heard the sound of busyness in the kitchen and saw people coming in carrying groceries. And the loud instructions? Don’t ask me. It’s on and on till afternoon.

I’m glad that I had arranged an evening out with my young friend. It's a refreshing break after a day being in a kitchen! I took my friend to see Ubud more. We roamed Monkey Forest area starting from Neru. I liked to hear that she intended to go shopping! Wow, I also need that. It’s been long I didn’t shop in Ubud. I was more than happy to show her around. And even more after she bought a nice red wallet in the first shop I showed! Yay!

It was nice. We had nice chat over drinks and a brownies, walked passing the forest, and stopped at some shops. It was spontaneous when we decided to watch kecak and fire dance twenty minutes before the show started. Without plan. We managed to find a restroom and something to nibble before got in the venue. I think many things work nicely with the ‘just do it’ spirit.

I had really nice time with my young friend. She is young (like I could be her Ibu if I had her in my twenty) but I could also learn from her. Or, I'm open to learn from her experience so I know where I stand now. Or… things like that.

A fragment in the kecak dance show this evening.