Go steady eh?

I asked. Yep! My neighbor friend announced his formal relationship with his best mate the past one year. Seeing him with two ‘steady’ boyfriends before, I’m happy for him. It’s the end of a drama or it starts of one? Either, I’m just happy for him. We planned a celebration but he could not decide the when now. I guess he plans to take me to that fine dining Japanese resto in our neighborhood. Take me? No. We go dutch like we often did!
I changed plan this morning because of a mango! I smeared my shorts with mango while making morning smoothie. Ok, I just picked this as a reason to stay home again. I had to wash it today since I won’t have time till next week and fruit stain can’t wait! The sun was getting higher too when I finished taking stock of necklace material. Initially I planned to go to Celuk and roam some silver places along Monkey Forest.
So I extended my activity to busy around necklace. I took out more materials while, as usual, I had my laptop and the speakers on! What a perfect distraction! My two posts on both Facebook accounts got a lot of comments. My speakers were busy ding-dong-ing me when a message came in. I must say… it’s fun! There were quiet days especially weekend, I noticed. Monday and after office hours have the most traffic. And my morning is my American friend’s evening. That!
I was not alone. It happened my neighbors behind my house were having a busy day too. I could hear the interesting discussion among themselves and their tamu. I guess. There are several small houses for rent in the area. My other neighbor was also busy in-out of house. We were all busy on a nice Monday!
I become a true observer of Ubud life since I read Dragons in the Bath by Ibu Kat. A Canadian who has lived in Asia 20 years (including Ubud 10 years). She runs a column on a local newspaper that has become popular that she compiled her writing into a book. Reading something with local (wherever one’s local) setting is nice. Feeling connected. Like reading Eat, Pray, Love with Ubud as the Love setting. So yes, I read one or two articles of the book a day – not short, not long, but rich. She writes with thorough research and since she has a bi-weekly column, she could ‘finish’ a story unlike my daily blog-post. Now I know more about Balinese dogs’ behavior, what it’s like to have Balinese as housekeeper, how tokay (her way to write ‘gecko’) takes territory and could live decades in a house (arrrgghhh… I have a teenage tokay in my room), how to own a piece of land as foreigner in Bali, and some writings on well-known organizations around Bali. Nice. Enriching one’s life in Bali and Ubud specifically.
I had nice day with a lot of surprises via email and Facebook. Stay home could be merry too!
A friend shared his creativity that showed his skills using Photoshop at the same time. Thank you, DW!